Describing your iPOJO components¶
This section describes the different features supported by iPOJO. This page aims to answer to the following question: "What can I write in my iPOJO component descriptor?"
Core features are provided with the iPOJO runtime bundles. You can use it directly, as soon as the iPOJO runtime is deployed.
- How to require a service
- How to publish and provide a service
- How to react to lifecycle state changes
- How to description component configuration
- How to enable/disable instance introspection
- How to act on the instance state from the implementation
Extensions extend the iPOJO model to add a specific functionality. This is made thanks to the external handler mechanism. So before using one of these features, deploy the attached external handler.
- How to receive and send events with the Event Admin
- How to reconfigure instances with JMX
- How to implement an extender pattern
- How to implement a whiteboard pattern
- How to wait for services and inject proxies
A missing functionality ?¶
iPOJO component model is extensible. So, you can implement your own handler managing you specific requirement. Refer the handler development guide (How to write your own handler) for more details.