Dependency Manager provides a compact and versatile java API, allowing to declaratively and programmatically register, acquire, and manage dynamic OSGi services. But since recently, support for annotations has been introduced in Dependency Manager, and you can also manage your service component dependencies using Java 5 annotations. In this chapter, we will detail the Dependency Manager Annotations which can be used to describe service components. We will also discuss the DM component lifecycle and how components can interract with the dynamic OSGi service model.
- Quick Start Provides a "Hello World" example, and shows how to compile it.
- Spell Checker Sample Helps you with the basic concepts using a full SpellChecker sample code.
- Writing Components Explains how to write DM service components using annotations.
- Using Dependencies Explains how to annotate dependencies for a given component.
- Lifecycle Explains the DM component lifecycle and how components interact with the dynamic OSGI service model.
- Composition Explains how a component may be implemented using multiple object instances.