Each released software archive must contain a DEPENDENCIES file in it to declare third-party dependencies and their licenses. The following template should be used:
Where the placeholders have the following meaning:
- AAA - Name of the Felix subproject.
- BBB - Copyright year or range of years.
- CCC - List of third-party software included in the archive.
- DDD - List of third-party software used (but not included) by the archive.
- EEE - List of additional third-party licenses as a result of the dependencies.
The format for an individual third-party dependency is flexible, but should try to include the name of the developing organization or individual, a URL, a copyright, and the license. For example, a dependency on OSGi software would look like this:
If you need additional examples on how to fill out a DEPENDENCIES file, look at other examples in the SVN repo or ask on the dev@felix mailing list.