Dependency Manager - Development
When downloading or checking out the source code, please also consult release/resources/src/README.src for up to date instructions on how to build that particular version.
If you are using a corporate http proxy, you should set the following environment variables:
$ export GRADLE_OPTS="-Dhttp.proxyHost=<your proxy ip> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<your proxy port> -Dhttps.proxyHost=<your proxy ip> -Dhttps.proxyPort=<your proxy port>" $ export http_proxy=<your proxy ip>:<your proxy port> $ export https_proxy=<your proxy ip>:<your proxy port>
Compilation Using gradle:¶
Install latest Java 8 (the dm libraries has been built and tested with java 1.8.0_74)
Compile Dependendency Manager annotations bndtools plugin:
$ ./gradlew org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.annotation:jar
Compile all other bundles:
$ ./gradlew jar
Run junit tests:
$ ./gradlew test
Run integration tests:
$ ./gradlew check
Compilation Using Eclipse:¶
- Install Latest Eclipse Mars.
- Use the dependency manager folder as the root of your workspace.
- Configure two JREs for Java 8:
- Go to Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Installed JREs
- Add your jdk8 JRE
- Install BndTools 3.4.0 or later version and (optionally) a subversion plugin for Eclipse.
- Open BndTools perspective
- Import Dependency Manager into Eclipse, and compile everything
- if it's the first time you import the project into eclipse, it may happen that some modules that requires the Dependency Manager Annotations bnd plugin don't compile: It's a know issue. To work around, restart eclipse and rebuild every modules.
- Click on org.apache.felix.dependencymanager project and run it as "JUnit test".
- Click on org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.shell and run it as "JUnit test"
- Click on org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.itest and run it as "Bnd OSGi Test Launcher (Junit)".
- Click on org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.runtime.itest and run it as ""Bnd OSGi Test Launcer (Junit)".
- Click on org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.lambda.itest and run it as ""Bnd OSGi Test Launcer (Junit)".